Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Playing catchup....

I lost steam on the carrot stuff and haven't wanted to post pics/recipes. I do however have some super tasty stuff that I do want to post so we're playing catchup today. I'll post a pic, short summary, and recipe. Short and sweet. That way tomorrow I can start with the good stuff.



From top to bottom and left to right: CarrotApple bread, Carrot Bars, Carrot cupcakes, more carrot bars.




The bread was awesome. What you see here is recipes doubled. My friend and I split everything. We each took 1.5 loaves of the bread. It was gone within a day or two. The carrot bars were good though we expected something more crunchy/bar like. These were soft. Definitely cookie like. The cupcakes...not sure what happened to those. We varied the recipe a bit since we didn't have orange marmelade. We juiced an orange and used the juice and pulp as our sub. They were super moist and tasty. We had so much batter left over we used it for a bundt cake.




We did make our own icing. I don't have the recipe link anymore but it's your basic cream cheese one....cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and butter. I actually had to make a second batch due to the bundt cake.



(Blogger suddenly isn't wanting to cooperate with me on hyperlinks. From here on out I'll just post the full link.)

This recipe ROCKS! http://www.recipezaar.com/KFC-Coleslaw-33489 It's for KFC coleslaw. I used red cabbage and instead of buttermilk (I had none) I made some (milk and vinegar). It tasted exactly like the stuff from KFC! It was devoured. We had it when we had some people over for lunch. It didn't last long.

This is just a standard go to at our house. Noodles with some veggies. I sauteed carrots, radishes, and asparagus in some EVOO. Add salt, pepper, and oregano and put some on top of your noodles. Super tasty but super simple and fast. Great way to use up random tidbits.

No comments: