Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fresh tortillas


I tried my hand at homemade tortillas today. They turned out awesome! I halved the recipe (just did a quickie google search for flour tortilla recipe and picked one) and still got 14 out of it. It took a couple to get the hang of rolling them out to the right size and thinness but once I did I flew through the rest. I did use EVOO instead of lard in the dough for a couple reasons (mostly being I don't use lard). I don't think there was much difference in taste from the store bought or even fresh ones in a food joint (though there is a difference). I had called my sister to ask about the substitution and she mentioned they may taste different so I was worried they would.

A few dried out in between making them and making dinner but nothing too bad. I could have warmed them up and loosened them up a bit. :) These weren't quite big enough to roll but that's ok. Those two are the first two I made so they were a bit thicker. Dinner rocked!

No comments: