Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mmmm

And now for the white stuff!


We got another coconut last night. The first one we got had a crack in it that we didn't notice. By the time I opened it the water had evaporated and the meat was starting to go bad. So last night when we got groceries I grabbed another one. They had 3 there and one was cracked and getting mold on it from sitting in its water. The other one looked like it might have had a crack but was hard to tell.

The one I did grab was full of water! A ton. I opened it for lunch (perfect timing too...one of the eyes was getting soft in a questionable way) and filled a large glass (the same one in my green stuff post) almost completely! I tasted it before I even got it all out since I've never had it before. Even though it was warm it was still really good. I was surprised at how strong it was. I was expecting the same flavor in the meat. I poured out the rest of the water and then cracked open the coconut. I chipped off a piece and was pretty disappointed in the flavor. Although it just makes me wonder what the hell they do to the dried packaged stuff.

I added some of the juice to a smoothie and was sad to have lost the flavor. I did use some strong flavored fruits though so that could have been why. I saved some for the husband to have some. I can see us buying even more though! This is tasty!

No comments: