Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stuffed

Lunch ended up not being cucado soup. I tried to get a good picture of it but the natural browning of fruits and veggies kicked in and it was no longer green. It was grey. Mottled, dead grey. It was gross. Oddly enough the tot tried it and liked it whereas the night before she tried it and then hid it so she didn't have to eat it. :)


Instead we had stuffed tomatoes. They were tasty and hearty! But not a gut heavy hearty. And since I strayed from the recipe (I don't follow directions hehehe) here's what I used:


Stuffed Tomatos

1 carrot

1/2 cucumber- peeled

1 handful mushrooms slices (I say slices since that was I had bought the other night)

4 radishes

3 broccoli heads (I pulled them off one chunk/stalk)

4 tomatos (2 per person so more if you need them)

1 teaspoon lemon juice

chives

salt

pepper

basil


Cut tomatos in half and scoop out the insides and put them in a bowl. Using a grater/food processor grate all the veggies. Add to the tomato pulp to this mixture and stir well. Add in spices and lemon juice and mix one last time. Scoop into tomato halves. Enjoy!


Super easy and tasty. When I made them I had misread the part saying to cut them into halves and just cut off the bottom like a lid. That way they were more like cups. I wish I had cut them in half but mostly for ease of eating. These were kind of bulky.


See? Don't they look tasty?

No comments: